ate - Work in an open source company! Vaadin
Vaadin is an open-source platform for building progressive web applications (PWAs). It consists of a library of reusable web components and web frameworks for creating user interfaces for Java back ends. Vaadin also offers commercial tools that speed up development workflow. We operate an open core business model and serve a developer community of more than 150,000 members.
We are looking for a new Developer Advocate to join our Community team. As a Developer Advocate, your job is to build an engaged developer community and drive our product development through your understanding of the Java and web ecosystems. You can choose to work either at the Vaadin office in San Jose, CA or remotely from anywhere in the USA.
Some of the things you'll be working on are:
- Building awareness of Vaadin technologies in the Java and web communities
- Creating online content (blogs, tutorials, webinars, demo apps)
- Presenting at conferences and meetups
- Technical collaboration with influencers and related companies
- Gathering and using developer feedback and market knowledge to guide product development
- Staying up to date with the latest technologies and developments
- You are able to explain code and technical concepts in a simple and engaging way
- Your application should include a link to a video of yourself presenting at a development conference, webinar, or meetup.
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in learning and staying on top of new technologies
- A strong Java background
- Video content (screencasts, webinars) creation skills are a big plus
- Possibility to work remotely anywhere in the USA.
- A creative and friendly work environment with minimal bureaucracy.
- A chance to be a recognized expert within the Java and web communities.
- A laptop, phone, and tools of your choice.
- Excellent opportunities for career development and learning.
- 10% of your work time can be spent on your own projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary and benefits
Vaadiners are a truly diverse and easy-going bunch of world-class experts. We love simplicity and encourage everyone to contribute their own ideas for making Vaadin better as a technology and as a place to work.
Why join Vaadin? Check out what your future colleagues have to say :)
Apply today! Candidates will be contacted as they apply, and the positions will be filled as soon as we find suitable candidates. For questions or more information, don’t hesitate to contact Head of Community, Marcus Hellberg, at [email protected]