Jonas Fitness, Inc. was created from the acquisition of the software, clients, billing services and other assets of Club Solutions by Fiserv, Inc. We are a division of Jonas Software, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise management software and billing solutions to a variety of industries, including golf and private club, fitness, sports and leisure, attractions, foodservice, construction and many more.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 40,000 customers worldwide in more than 15 countries. Jonas employs over 1,500 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the TSX (CSU.TO).
At Jonas Fitness, our vision is to be the branded global leader in fitness software and billing services. We strive every day to be recognized by customers and industry stakeholders as a trusted provider of "Software for Life" and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
The software developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing industry leading suite of products from the Database through User Interface, with the ability to write clean code with scalability in mind. As a Software Developer III, you will participate in all areas of the software development life cycle including gathering and analyzing requirements, coding, debugging, and testing to ensure applications are accessible to a diverse user base and the solutions developed must be adaptable to various implementation/design scenarios. This requires a proven ability to articulate ideas and the ability to work closely with a development team to produce industry-leading solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have a high sense of ownership, a service-oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Additionally, as a Software Developer III you will be able to take ownership of multiple applications and help guide other team members on assigned work.
- Develop, test and implement software applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Take ownership of products
- Be technical lead and resolve technical difficulties
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Break large stories into functional tasks
- Conduct code reviews
- Gather and analyze requirements
- Clearly communicate with management and team members
- Work closely with software support on customer reported issues
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues.
- Resolve complex technical design issues.
- Prepare estimates and written design specifications for enhancements and/or new development. - Work with Product Managers, Senior Developers, Product Analysts and/or other subject matter experts as necessary to determine project scope and methodology.
- Identify and recommend software improvements
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Help other members of the team while still getting your committed work completed
- Evaluate and research the products and technologies related to software
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a high sense of ownership, a service-oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Able to maintain and develop commented, well-engineered and tested code based on the outlined business logic
- Effectively collaborate with peers to resolve defects
- Interact with team members to plan and estimate development tasks
- Continuously provide technical improvements to internal tools and libraries, as well as share best practices
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns
- Excellent ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Be able to participate in on call rotation.
- Continuously expanding knowledge, learning and adapting to new tools and technologies
- Excellent ability to learn and master new technology and is personally committed to continuously improve though self-development.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Ability to learn on the fly and be comfortable with dealing with ambiguity when facing new problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and team relationship skills; able to work well individually or as part of team.
- Must be highly motivated to succeed. Desire to provide outstanding products and customer service. Extremely detail oriented and dedicated to follow through in all work. Focuses on project quality, completeness and thoroughness.
- Flexibility in design and development approach, with ability to adapt to different styles for different projects.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to cope successfully with diversity and complexity in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem solving, technical, application / system troubleshooting skills with the ability to think clearly and resolve issues efficiently under pressure.
- Must show initiative by offering ideas to help improve the department.
- Ability to schedule and manage project efficiently.
- Effective communication, is able to communicate well with other leaders.
- Considerate, cooperative and encouraging to other team members in order to help lead the team.
- Great at forming relations and the ability to work directly with clients in order to understand their needs and problems.
- Always learning new skills and proficient with multiple technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of event sourced systems.
- Strong understanding of microservice patterns and purpose driven databases.
- Build, manage and maintain SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases.
- Create, debug, and execute functions and stored procedures.
Preferred candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Experience and Knowledge of AWS Cloud Technologies
- Prior experience with Agile development and iterative development methodologies. Scrum, Pair - Programming, TDD, Unit Testing
- Is easy to approach and works well with others
- Involvement with the local development community; active in forums and/or newsgroups
- Prior experience building Service Oriented and Event Driven Architectures
- Easily catches on to new technologies and concepts and can help others with them