ataBase Engineer Evercast
amazon web services
The DevOps DBA is a key member of the DevOps team and this person will affect how we do our backend db systems for a global level. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of cloud engineering and infrastructure integration including configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms, security, system administration, software installation, and maintenance and upgrades.
Specifically, this role with be a DevOps person with a focus on DBA functionality. This position will be to perform the database administration, query development and tuning, developer query code review and coach teams on how to apply the principles of data management and query.
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks in coordination with a team of developers and stakeholders to meet deliverables.
- Strong programming capabilities in SQL and other DB technologies– Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Transactions, Data Flow.
- Participate in the physical database design process. Ensures databases provide required functionality to meet identified business needs. Implements databases for testing and production.
- Assist in monitoring capacity and performance for test and production databases to ensure they are reliable, efficient, cost effective, and provide the required functionality.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation (Database, Architecture, etc.)
- Assist in analyzing and diagnosing problems reported to the support and operations teams
- Work with the development team in the data modelling and database design of product and efficient SQL for fast application performance, including advanced architectural techniques.
- Assist in DevOps, working with Architects and Engineers to automate code promotion and deployment up the stack of environments, ensuring successful, repeatable deployments through Production, with consistent quality.
- Performance Optimization – Performance monitoring, measurement and capacity planning of Production Software solutions, recommending changes to products and “standardized” System configurations.
- Participate in regular code review for all new code deployment efforts as code is advanced through the development life cycle.
- 5+ years database product knowledge, preferred in Postgres and Mysql
- AWS RDS, Aurora knowledge is a nice to have
- AWS Aurora using global
- Experience with debugging and performance tuning of SQL code, Stored Procedures, Functions, and Indexes.
- 3+ years AWS experience
- 1+ year of Terraform experience
- Database version control - preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000 - $120,000 per year