google cloud platform
About your team:
The vision of the Platform Team is to identify and implement opportunities to achieve a robust, reliable and efficient infrastructure and development platform. We strongly support DevOps culture: each team is responsible for releasing, operating and monitoring their own applications.
The role of the Platform Team is to provide a strong foundation upon which all teams can build, for example, manage big infrastructure components like Kubernetes, databases and cloud components mostly in Google Cloud. An important role of the team is also providing support for developers, reviewing design proposals, validating the performance and availability of applications, and sometimes even developing new core application components like logging or authorization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with other Engineering teams to achieve well-designed, sustainable infrastructure, microservice solutions and efficient and robust production environment
- Deploy and automate infrastructure & platform services in Public Clouds using Infrastructure as Code
- A big part of the daily routine is programming, either in Python or Golang, therefore, fluency in or the will to learn those languages is desirable
- Automate tools to perform routine system administration tasks, systematically reducing manual toil
- Monitor applications and services within the environments, take actions to resolve issues and implement strategies to prevent future occurrences
- Participate in an on-call rotation as required. Be available to help with critical internal infrastructure and operations issues
- Display a passion for constant learning of new product features, technologies, and customer operational practices. Seek out information from peers about changes and document findings
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve challenging problems
What you might like about this role:
Current projects and challenges:
- Focus on security in Kubernetes
- Auditlog and SIEM
- Infrastructure for automatized E2E tests
- Pushing automatization and reducing unnecessary toil
Our tech stack:
- Python, Golang, C++
- Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab
- Google Cloud, GCP Pub/Sub, GCP Bigtable, GCP BigQuery, GRPC
- Nginx, Envoy, Hashicorp Vault, Open Policy Agent
- MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Influxdb, Etcd, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry
What we expect of the candidate:
- Knowledge of at least one compiled or interpreted language is a must, Python or Golang preferred
- Managing and operating 24×7 production Kubernetes clusters on Google (or AWS/Azure…), deploying, debugging
- Experience with setting up monitoring, configuring alerts, on-duty experience preferred, experience with Grafana and Prometheus preferred
- Experience with DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technologies eg. terraform, GitLab, ansible, docker…
- Preferred experience with cloud-native systems, experience in code-based configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, networking, security and problem solving
- Deep understanding of modern database systems, including caching, application of NoSQL, Key/Value, and RDBMS datastores, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL are preferred, basic knowledge of cloud-based systems (BigQuery, BigTable, Cloud SQL…)
- Basic knowledge of microservices, RESTful services, GRPC, API development, and Message Brokers
- Basic knowledge of modern software architecture principles, distributed development and modern software integration practices
- Deep understanding of the DevOps philosophy or SRE
- Ability to provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- A passion for constantly learning new technologies, trends and opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, English required
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- At Bloomreach, we believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program - using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the leader development program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- There's access to Udemy courses for all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Veea is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The employee assistance program - with counselors - is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Bloomreachers get stock options granted depending on their role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to 3000 USD paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- We celebrate work anniversaries - Bloomversaries!