HeidelbergCement one of the largest construction materials companies worldwide is looking for a
DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
to scale our microservice oriented architecture on a rock-solid containerized infrastructure. You will work with a small SRE team on the stack of our digital suite and align in the cross-department Cloud Solutions group how we run the companies cloud infrastructure distributed across the globe. Your mission is to enable our engineering teams to enjoy the beauty of continuous delivery and provide best of class observability across our system. Ideally you started your career as a developer and later transitioned to SRE.
We as a DAX 30 company are working very hard on the digitalization of our core businesses. The journey of becoming a Digital Leader has just started and now it’s the perfect time to join us and form an outstanding DevOps team that is all about automation, quality and uptime.
Additional training and coaching are part of the package so if you are passionate about site reliability engineering and committed to both observability and agility then this is the job for you.
Your next challenge
- Contribute to our cross-functional product teams and advocate for observability, gradual changes, tooling and automation
- Manage the services and lifecycle of all components in our Azure based stack
- Review Roadmaps, Epics and User Stories to translate timely into meaningful tasks
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Take ownership of our CI/CD pipelines and make them better every day
- Develop and operate our Digital Foundation Platform with Kubernetes and Openshift
- Build tools, services and plugins to bridge the gaps in our current infrastructure
- Mandate blameless post mortems
- Perform thorough measuring of the system
- Stay up to date with new tools and developments
- You consider repetitive tasks as your enemy and always drive for automation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or comparable qualification)
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years in software engineering, DevOps and/or operations
- Strong developer mindset and toolset
- Prior experience in large-scale distributed systems is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar database systems
- Experience with the EFK stack
- Experience with Openshift / OKD / Kubernetes
- Expert knowledge of Azure Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Grafana, Kibana and Prometheus is a plus
- Very solid sense of ownership and drive
- Very good English language skills. German language skills would be beneficial.
- Ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel internationally (occasionally)
Our newly opened Headquarters are in Heidelberg. Moreover, we have offices in other countries or the option to work completly remote. Please indicate in your application from where you are planning to work.
Please attach your references (university, work, etc.) to your application.