amazon web services
About the opportunity
This role falls within our growing DevOps organization, responsible for building and supporting our products from a software perspective. DevOps engineers are responsible for maintaining the uptime of services and keeping Flock production systems running smoothly. They also work on our build, deploy, metrics, alerting, and logging tooling and infrastructure. They work with other engineers to ensure the system is capable of handling significant growth as we scale over time. This role will specifically support our Machine Learning organization and will be geared toward building, deploying, codifying the infrastructure, build metrics, and alerting for ML projects and systems.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Make sure the system is running and in line with internal SLIs and SLOs
- Collaborate with Platform, Machine Learning, and Hardware teams on multifaceted projects that interact with our system
- Manage the infrastructure for ML projects and systems
- Assess new technologies as needed, balancing technical needs and business impact
- Refine our CI/CD process, improving the rate we can deliver new code to production in a reliable and efficient manner
- Collaborate on creating a robust monitoring platform for our services and their underlying infrastructure, aiming to alert on symptoms and not outages
- Be part of an on-call process to resolve availability incidents and work towards preventing these incidents from ever happening
- Use best practices when creating and managing AWS resources (e.g. security groups, VPCs)
- Manage containers and orchestration, using Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to haves
- Experience in an SRE role with an understanding of monitoring, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code and/or configuration management (we use Terraform)
- Experience with managing monitoring dashboards using tools like Grafana and Prometheus to create actionable alerts
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that puts the team over self. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate non-violent crime, one neighborhood at a time.