amazon web services
infrastructure as code
Storable is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer that can build culture and automation to empower our software delivery teams to deploy continuously. You will help manage our AWS environment, as well as engineer and maintain a fully automated CInD pipeline that builds and deploys over 60 containerized microservices. In addition, you will develop internal standards and work with software delivery teams to provide them the autonomy necessary to deliver, test and monitor our applications using DevOps best practices. Our team is comprised of individuals across multiple states that support products ranging from Websites to container based microservices and Windows desktop applications.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Storable is a distributed-first company, but is only registered for employment in a certain number of states. In order to be considered, you must permanently reside in the following states to be eligible for employment:
- Primary States: Texas, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Alabama, Mississippi Louisiana, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Virginia
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
What You'll Do
- Provide training and lead engineering teams towards DevOps best practices.
- Maintain pipelines and automation for delivering code to microservice based environments with GitLab.
- Build tooling to support infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Utilize Envoy and DataDog APM to proactively monitor and correct application issues.
- Build infrastructure repeatability and deployment pipelines for business analytics platforms.
- Lead efforts to improve our site reliability and ensure engineering teams have the tools to help.
- Facilitate and help design our docker orchestration migration (Rancher to Kubernetes).
- Support container based initiatives across multiple products.
- Accelerate DevOps tools and practice adoption for legacy applications.
- Standardize current logging solution to DataDog.
- Maintain AWS resources and design cloud native AWS architecture.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of professional experience in Linux system administration and experience administering Linux in a cloud based environment
- 2+ years of professional experience with one or more scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby
- 2+ years of professional experience with Docker and container orchestration
- AWS administration experience
- Webmaster experience
- Working knowledge of relational databases: Postgres, MySql
- Flexibility to operate in an environment with changing demands and priorities
- Comfortable with version control software and using Git workflows
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience in uptime reporting and monitoring
- AWS Certification (Developer or Solutions Architect)
- Linux Certification (ex: LPIC, CompTIA)
- Docker container orchestration experience (ex: Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher)
- Experience with monitoring/reporting tools (ex: PagerDuty, Pingdom, Nagios, Datadog)
- Familiarity with platform logging solutions (ex: loggly, logstash, Elastic stack, DataDog)
- Understand network security and implications
- Experience in SRE best practices
- Experience in a containerized CI/CD environment (ex: Gitlab, CircleCI)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible)
- Familiarity in Windows environments for cross product support