DevOps Engineer- Emphasis on Linux / Kubernetes / Elasticsearch / Kafka
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer based in Phoenix, AZ or remote in the US.
You'll be developing automation and build tools for the deployment and operation of large scale Elasticsearch and Kafka clusters as well as supporting application components running on Kubernetes. Note: this position will have operational responsibility for deployed applications and may require pager duty at times.
The Day to Day:
- Build back-end frameworks that are maintainable, observable, flexible and scalable
- Provide operational support and automation tools to application developers
- Bridge the gap between development and data center operations to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Participate as a member of the application development team
- Operate and scale the application back-end including the database clusters
- Anticipate tomorrow's problems by understanding what users are trying to accomplish today
- DevOps experience with Linux
- Experience with Linux Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience operating and optimizing Elasticsearch, Kafka or/and Ceph at large scale
- Experience gathering and analyzing metrics and logs with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, and Fluent-bit
- Configuration management experience, Salt Stack preferred
- Exposure to the deployment and operations of node.js applications
- Comfort with compute clusters and many terabytes of data
- US Citizenship / Work Authorization
- Operational experience with Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, or other distributed big data systems
- Development experience with Node.js, Go, Python, C or other languages
- Mac OS X familiarity
- BS or MS in a technology or scientific field of study
- High energy level and pleasant, positive attitude!
- Evidence of working well within a diverse team
- Salary commensurate with experience, generally higher than competitive industries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement and a clear career path
Terascope specializes in software and services for large scale data systems. Our core product is the Spaces Data System enabling companies to provide business to business Data as a Service.