DevOps Manager / Architect
amazon web services
infrastructure as code
Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
DevOps Manager / Architect
We are looking for an experienced and motivated manager to take a lead role at a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company. As Team Lead, you will manage the DevOps team’s delivery of infrastructure, security, CI/CD, and internal tooling services to meet the needs of the business developed in consultation with our research scientists, computational biologists, front-end, and back-end teams.
The DevOps team Manager / Architect will manage the evolution and operations of the company's production and development environments. Responsibilities will include delivering a scalable, resilient, and cost-effective architecture and building a team of first-class professionals by guiding and leading, planning career paths, and improving the hiring process.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
Must be located in East Europe or West Asian Timezone (Poland/Ukraine/Turkey/Pakistan/India/Sri Lanka, etc...)
- Managing the team of DevOps engineers.
- DevOps project planning and management with best practices in mind: prioritize work based on business and developer requirements.
- Effectively communicating with multiple teams, departments, and management representatives.
- Be the team voice in meetings.
- Mentor team members in terms of their personal development, goals, and advancement.
- Developing and delivering on OKRs and/or KPIs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 6 years experience in DevOps, SysOps, or related roles.
- Excellent soft skills necessary in order to be an effective team leader, such as:
- General understanding of the technologies involved in our projects:
- Containerized applications
- Infrastructure as code
- Microservices architecture
- Cloud-based security and privacy best practices.
- HIPAA, GDPR, and other relevant compliance experience.
- Python, React, Docker and/or Terraform, AWS CloudFormation.
- Security / Networking / Development.
- ITIL / IT management best practices.
- Startup experience.
- Managing penetration testing, response, and mitigation.
Our typical hiring process looks like this:
- Screening tests & questionnaires
- Interview & resume vetting
- Test task
Our hiring process is heavily focused on screening tests instead of interviews. So instead of three to five interviews that are typical for many companies, we just have one interview and the screening tests.
The screening tests help us predict if you are able to solve complex problems and reason well.
You will be prompted to take our screening tests as soon as you fill out the questionnaire.
The way the tests are designed is that each stage has a disqualification so that if you don't pass, you can't progress to the next stage.
We do not consider applicants who don't pass our screening tests, so please be sure to make it to the end.
You can take a break in between tests and come back.
- Devops experience (±1 min)
- Git Test (±5 min)
- AWS Test (±5 min)
- Python Test (±10 min)
- Logic puzzle (±20 min)
- Logic Passages (±20 min)
- Logic Passages 2 (±25 min)
- Reading Comprehension (±25 min)
In total, this should take two hours to complete. But keep in mind that these replace two interviews that would otherwise take place, which is equivalent to two hours.
In order to be hired by our company, all of these tests must be successfully completed and you must pass our minimum scoring threshold for each section.
Anyone who does well on these tests and has the proper experience detailed in this job post will get an email within a few days to book with the CEO an interview. That is the only interview that will occur.
If you think you're smart enough to pass our tests, then we invite you to try!