Dobility, Inc. (SurveyCTO)
Headquarters: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
We're looking for passionate, entrepreneurial individuals with proven success in managing digital marketing channels to help us grow our business. Our product, SurveyCTO, is a mobile data collection platform used by thousands of teams across 165 countries. This position offers the opportunity to manage our digital marketing activities in efforts to grow our global user base.
Candidates with strong analytical skills and a successful track record of driving traffic acquisition through channels including Google Ads, LinkedIn, and Twitter along with an interest in driving strategy and coordinating marketing efforts across other channels are encouraged to apply.
This role will report directly to Dobility's CEO. For the right candidate, this is a unique opportunity to develop professionally into a Director-level role as our company and marketing organization grows.
This is a full-time, fully-remote position open to candidates from nearly any location.
- Develop and improve Dobility's digital marketing strategy across channels, including audience segmentation, attribution, and conversion optimization
- Lead planning, execution, and measurement of digital marketing programs and campaigns, including online advertising, social media, website improvements, and other marketing projects
- Understand Dobility's industry and users in order to develop targeting and outreach strategies
- Build and manage relationships with contractors to produce marketing content (designer, copywriter, video editor, etc.)
- Recommend and prioritize improvements in Dobility's martech stack to enable the broader digital marketing strategy
- Network with prospective users and industry experts to drive brand awareness and deepen your understanding of the market
- Proven success designing, executing, and measuring B2B or B2C digital campaigns across multiple platforms
- In-depth understanding of SEO and Google Ads programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability to draw insights and drive business priorities
- Familiarity with media editing software, web design, and content management systems (Wordpress)
- Ability to own and manage multiple projects — from assignment to delivery
- Fast learner, able to both independently problem-solve and work collaboratively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about social impact, particularly in research and international development
- Preference for working in a fast-paced start-up environment and being part of a fun, energetic team
BUT PLEASE NOTE THIS: Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized groups often apply only if they meet every single requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role but don't meet all of the criteria, please apply anyway. In a cover letter, tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We'd love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
- a 401k match
- healthcare insurance
- generous PTO
- paid time off for volunteering
- company matched donations to charitable organizations
- a flexible work schedule accommodating different time zones and working styles
When you work at Dobility, you make an impact
Dobility's SurveyCTO is the most reliable, secure, and scalable mobile data collection platform for researchers and professionals working in offline settings.
At Dobility, we're dedicated to a social mission: to promote better research and analysis in the world by providing affordable, reliable technology that anyone can use.
Leading organizations in 165+ countries already use SurveyCTO, including the World Bank Group, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
SurveyCTO facilitates important research, studies, and policies that impact people's lives
When you work on SurveyCTO, you get the unique opportunity to work at the intersection of technology and social impact. We may not be on the ground doing field research, but we're able to facilitate this important work by ensuring that global data practitioners are using the best data collection product for their work. We saw this so clearly during COVID-19, when SurveyCTO was used for a variety of pandemic-related studies, to adapt projects for safety, and create new projects to adapt to the dynamic situation.
These are the principles that guide our work and the growth of our product:
- Data security. SurveyCTO is SOC 2 certified, and best practices in data security are baked into the product.
- Data quality. Data collection should be transparent and carefully monitored. Quality assurance features, quality checks, and review workflows are built into the platform.
- Usability and flexibility. Researchers and enumerators use SurveyCTO online, offline, on the web, tablets, or mobile devices. We strive to make the UI robust in functionality, but simple enough to use, so anyone — from researchers to M&E to field teams — can use the powerful platform.
- Reliability and support. Our users deserve a product that works reliably, and access to the help they need. We provide 24/7 support to make sure that SurveyCTO creates as little stress as possible (and generally reduces stress).
We're in an exciting moment of scaling and growth. As we scale the company, we're able to scale our impact.
We're a team for fast learners, independent problem solvers, and people who want to make a big impact
When you join our team, you get the opportunity to help amplify the impact we're making on the world of research and data collection.
Here's what existing team members love about working at Dobility:
- You get to own projects from start to finish: from making suggestions, to executing, to evaluating
- The passion of each team member: everyone is driven by the social mission, and driven by personal growth
- The opportunity for growth, autonomy, ownership, and the ability to directly contribute
- We're growing and actively investing in our growth and scaling — it's an exciting time to be part of this company
- Our users deeply appreciate the technology we're creating and improving. Every update we push responds directly to the needs of our users (and they're always thrilled!).
Most of our team members have spent time in the field, so we know firsthand the kinds of challenges SurveyCTO users overcome on a daily basis. We've founded data collection consultancies in South Africa, led data collection process improvement for programs in Mongolia, and evaluated impacts of microfinance in South India.
We've experienced the frustrations and challenges associated with collecting large amounts of data, which is why we're so excited about the product's current and future capabilities.