Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn allows you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our team solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems by taking insights from the frontlines and turning them into action. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you could be an excellent fit for our team.
Our CEO took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
About the Role:
The Youth Outreach Manager has a strong understanding of our target audience and how to translate that understanding into leading the development of campaigns to build resiliency among youth through the lens of Thorn’s mission. The Youth Outreach Manager will recommend and execute digital marketing strategies to reach kids where they are, facilitate an open dialogue about pressing issues, and elevate resources.
This person will have a deep understanding of youth culture and leverage those insights to develop campaigns to address key issues facing kids online. You will own all planning, execution, and KPIs of the campaign strategy and work closely with the Senior Manager of Digital Programs to support our overall prevention strategy. You will also work with our internal marketing team, external agencies, freelancers, and a handful of other resources as necessary to support the execution of key deliverables.
We are looking for a candidate with a demonstrated ability to create and implement youth-centric campaigns with proven results, leverage data and best practices to inform strategies, activate communities, and move people.
What You’ll Do:
- Build out long term strategy and success measurement, identify expansion opportunities, and stay up to date with the latest youth trends.
- Recommend digital campaign strategies to increase youth engagement and meet sector goals.
- Collaborate with Y&C Senior Program Manager on campaign development.
- Manage and execute the strategy for all digital outreach (paid and organic), content development, messaging, measurement, resource development.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and external resources to execute key deliverables.
- Deploy and manage campaigns across platforms.
- Identify opportunities for campaign expansion, including digital trends and incorporation of new platforms.
- Monitor and report campaign progress on platforms.
- Spearhead the development of youth resources as we gain insights on key issues kids are facing online.
What We’re Looking For:
- A commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing / digital campaigns, with significant experience managing social media campaigns and writing for youth audiences.
- Experience with youth outreach programs is a must.
- Project management experience, including strategic development, deliverable execution management, optimization, and impact measurement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to optimize for youth-centric messaging.
- An ability to clearly communicate campaign strategies and performance within the team and cross-functionally.
- Ability to manage external agencies and consultants to assist in executing campaign strategies.
- Experience managing digital campaigns across platforms, with attention to target audience and demographic needs.
- Flexible and willing to contribute to projects, campaigns, and communications across the organization.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
At Thorn, we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.