Headquarters: Walnut, CA
- You drive measurable results.
- You understand startups are chaotic and you kind of like it. You can navigate, reign in and thrive in the chaos.
- You lead by example. You are comfortable with simultaneously "rolling up your sleeves" and delegating.
- You inspire others. Your experience reflects a rise through the ranks, from a junior Data Engineer to a Data Team leader.
- You are a "team builder".
- You are an exceptional communicator. When people speak to you they feel acknowledged and respected. When you speak to people they have a clear understanding of action items.
- You work async. You use meetings strategically, and keep the focus on metrics.
- You’ve taken on advanced data unification projects in the past
- Work cross-departmentally to drive the company forward with data
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Finance teams to inform, influence, support, and execute strategy and investment decisions
- Manage and implement the Data Warehouse and ETL Solutions
- Help us unify our data so we can understand the customer journey end to end.
- Inspire, lead and grow a globally distributed team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data in developing data-informed strategies for growing and improving our product offerings for more than 15,000 eCommerce brands.
- Be proactive with asking questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes.
- Evangelize the use of data across the company
- 5+ years of working experience managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with Product, Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer--with a focus on unifying data across multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and drive change across org boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- Our current tech stack includes PostgresDB and MongoDB (production databases), Hevo (ETL), BigQuery (Data Warehouse), Segment (Customer Data Platform) and Chartio (BI).
- We’re open to adjusting our tools based on your recommendations and skillset.
- Generous compensation package
- Benefits (vary by location)
- An accomplished and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.