TKO Studios is seeking a Director of Business Development for back catalogue, current, and upcoming book and game products. This role will be responsible for increasing sales in the following markets: direct-to-consumer via e-commerce, comic book shops, and the book trade (e.g. independent booksellers, chain bookstores, schools, and libraries).
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Increase BOOK SALES in three key areas: 1) e-commerce directly from TKOpresents.com 2) comic book stores, and 3) the book trade (e.g. independent booksellers, chain bookstores, schools, and libraries). This role would oversee team members to work on the technical aspects of vendor and customer orders, and outreach to vendors.
- Oversee and manage business development for a new CARD GAME in the vein of Magic: The Gathering based on one of our existing, bestselling properties. Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Build and manage the sales strategy for the game to be purchased by customers directly from the game's website.
- Manage sales outreach and build retail sales to stores where games are sold, including gaming stores, comic book stores, chain and independent bookstores, as well as Amazon.
Oversee our Google and Facebook ads placement specialist to drive traffic to our website.
Oversee SEO specialist to drive traffic to our website.
- Oversee PR freelancer for our titles and the game
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- A proven record of creating explosive growth in sales in their previous role.
- The ability to manage multiple departments to drive sales.
- At least 3 years of experience and knowledge in the video game, toy or publishing industry
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent sales channel management skills
- Ability to establish connections and build a network with booksellers, comic book shops and strategic national accounts.
This position will report to the CEO and President of company. This is a remote position.