Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by trained architects in 2011. We're a team of super ambitious and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech—and we're building the go-to marketplace for transformative renovations.
Sweeten’s mission is to build a better balanced future by:
- Bringing all homeowners visions’ of home and family to life through quality renovations.
- Giving equitable access to job opportunities for women and minority general contractors.
- Hiring and growing the best, most diverse team.
We are excited to expand our technical leadership team with a new Director of Engineering role. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will build and lead the software development team and work closely with our product organization to define and ship an amazing experience for our users. We’re looking for someone who brings experience and excellence building in a collaborative, thoughtful, and inclusive manner to our technical organization.
This position is remote; candidates from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply. However, Sweeten works in two time zones: Eastern Time and Indian Standard Time and this position will need to follow Eastern Time Zone hours.
- Mentor, coach, and support the professional growth of each individual on your team; create career paths and goals for each team member.
- Work closely with our product team to define the product roadmap, develop new features, manage scope, complexity and trade-offs based on business needs.
- Manage the team's agile processes and continuously improve them.
- Architect solutions to support and automate sales and client service operations.
- Ensuring features are designed and built in a scalable and stable manner that fits into our larger architecture.
- Two years of startup engineering management experience
- Experience building and iterating on a consumer web product
- Familiar with Agile processes
- Full stack development experience building from APIs to front-end
NICE TO HAVES
- React, Node.js, Express
- Experience with hosting in a cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands on Dev Ops experience
We are a remote-first company. We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house), and a close knit company culture.
Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply! Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.