The Director of IT and Enterprise applications will be responsible for the overall IT, Informatics & Enterprise Application strategy for COMPASS Pathways to drive operational excellence. This individual will work closely with the Leadership team, system & business process owners, our third-party vendors and the rest of the organization to evaluate, deploy and integrate new and current systems and services. The Director of IT & Enterprise applications will be responsible for ensuring best-in-class data and infrastructure security protocols and work closely with other departments to ensure compliance with GDPR and other relevant regulatory policies such as GxP and CCPA.
COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health (https://compasspathways.com). Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead the IT, Informatics & Enterprise Applications efforts companywide for COMPASS while building the strategy and long-term vision for the technology infrastructure for the company
- Help lead the technical GDPR, DPIA assessments, & other data privacy efforts
- Develop and own the enterprise IT application stack while managing associated budgets and supports
- Work closely with Finance, Legal & other operational groups to deploy necessary infrastructure for ongoing operations
- Liaise with the clinical and pre-clinical organizations to help develop the data storage and analysis infrastructure
- Work closely with Digital Health Research Team and Data Engineering for the rapid deployment of custom AI & Machine learning applications
- Test and evaluate business applications using industry-wide best practices to ensure quality, flexibility, and security
- Work with 3rd party providers to do appropriate penetration testing and other appropriate audits of computer systems
- Work with all parties to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley IT General Controls (ITGC)
- Oversee large and small IT projects to completion while supervising staff, consultants, contractors and other resources
- Create, drive, and deliver appropriate training materials, associated internal policies, and presentations regarding company IT policies and best practices
- The position reports into SVP, Data Science, Machine Learning and Digital Health Research.
- Significant prior experience leading the IT function at other companies with a strong data focus. Regulated digital health care start-up and/or Life Science companies are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience of modern enterprise cloud platforms and technologies (AWS & Azure experience required).
- Good understanding of CI/CD, Atlassian, Github and other common SAAS platforms used for development. Familiarity with JIRA/Agile and other development environments.
- Significant experience with eQMS, QC CRM, Document Management systems and other common life science / SaMD technical infrastructure.
- Experience with 21 CFR 11, GxP document control systems and Sarbanes Oxley IT General Controls (ITGC) a very strong plus, along with knowledge of FDA/EMA compliance principles.
- Good grasp of pharmaceutical R&D model, including regulatory and market access pathways, processes and requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of Information Technology compliance programs and industry leading practices/frameworks including ISO 27001, GDPR, HIPAA, and cloud principles.
- Strong analytical, project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently and in cross-functional teams under uncertainty in an entrepreneurial and rapid growth-oriented environment.
- Strong alignment with core company mission and values.
- Flexibility to work remotely from UK or US.
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to [email protected]
Note that we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, and therefore can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US or UK.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.