Director, Software Engineering for Perceptyx: Employee Analytics SaaS Company
Position: Director, Software Engineering (Front End)
Salary: $190K - $220K (dependent level of experience)
Location: Fully Remote,Anywhere in the U.S.
Perks: Attractive Equity + Bonus + Flexible PTO + Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits + 401(k) plan
Our mission is simple: To help employees and their organizations thrive. How do we do that? We facilitate the ongoing conversation between employees and their company to drive success. We are passionate about helping organizations listen to and act on what matters most to employees. When employees are happy, everyone is happy! We love working closely with our clients, listening to their vision, and deploying a tailored solution to empower them to grow. Perceptyx’s approach to employee engagement is unique. Our combination of technology and expertise is second to none. We employ an incredible staff of professionals with the experience, knowledge, and drive to swiftly move every employee survey project from vision to reality. https://perceptyx.com/
The Role and Your Impact:
The chosen Director, Software Engineering for frontend technologies, will be responsible for providing strong technology leadership, presence, and direction for our frontend engineering functions to support our strategic initiatives within Perceptyx’s global business. The Director will also be responsible for helping set and maintain our frontend engineering systems and standards necessary to keep Perceptyx competitive in the marketplace. The Director will also be accountable for providing engineering leadership and direction for the strategic engineering initiatives and product development within Perceptyx's business. The Director will oversee the day-to-day design and development of our website and products and ensure our engineering teams use industry-leading capabilities when building products. Perceptyx will task the Director to gather and anticipate future architectural requirements and identify changes needed to our technology stack to support future requirements. The Director will also partner with product management, quality assurance, and infrastructure teams to continuously evolve the platform to ensure future needs.
The Director, Software Engineering (frontend), will partner with crucial organization leadership to provide a strategic approach to our frontend systems and architecture. Creating high-performing websites, enhancing stability, scale, quality, and design processes and metrics that enable the organization to meet its objectives. The Director will manage, build and develop a team of frontend developers, establish and continuously improve Perceptyx software standards and practices, processes, and procedures to support the strategic direction for a multi-channel web-based, high transaction volume, consumer-facing, and B2B service-oriented organization.
In addition to the technical responsibilities, a critical strategic commitment of the Director will be to lead and mentor a team of high-performing engineers and, in the process, establish a go-forward platform. Developing and managing key partnerships will be necessary for the Director's success and will be a crucial responsibility.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for defining, designing, and maintaining Perceptyx frontend systems and managing a distributed team of engineers.
- Responsible for all aspects of design, development, and deployment of software projects in support of product development.
- Ability to offer strategic guidance on software and platform solutions, architectures, integration strategies, governance, and business support processes.
- Integrate disparate teams with diverse practices, technology, and toolsets into a cohesive, standards-based, and aligned development organization.
- Participate actively in developing and executing an engineering roadmap to increase business capabilities, improve software stability, and reduce time and cost of delivery. Also, help establish engineering practices around instrumentation, unit testing, and telemetry to support our product roadmap considering external trends and competitive advances.
- Define and deploy transformational technology capabilities.
- Maintain service levels and execute on continuous improvement of the existing systems while consistently ensuring quality deliverables.
- Influence and implement change strategies that will improve end-to-end technology projects' execution to reduce cost, improve quality, and gain efficiencies.
- Accountability for all aspects of software engineering practices (not limited to scalability and performance), all aspects of design, development, and launching on both on-prem and cloud-based sites.
- Provide technology vision and leadership and cultivate a culture of empowerment and accountability.
- Lead, coach, motivate and lead team members and organizations to help reach their optimum performance levels.
- Continuous improvement in the software development lifecycle.
- Provide communications management to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and disposition of key performance KPI’s.
- Adherence to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Metrics analysis: Identify, capture, analysis, and improvement of key indicators of success, and leveraging these to improve speed to market.
What You Will Bring:
- BSc in Information Business, Technology, computer science, relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years in a leadership role including experience leading a team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- 15+ years of relevant software engineer/data engineering experience within diverse industries and leadership experience in product development required
- Broad experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance Agile-based engineering teams
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders
- Experience defining and implementing unit testing frame works, instrumentation, cloud agnostic applications
- Experience in:
- SaaS software engineering
- High transaction system
- Software – standards, instrumentation, telemetry, and quality
- Implementing websites and products utilizing domain-based architecture – API, Microservices, etc.
- Must be able to operate independently with limited supervision
- Must be able to advocate effectively for risk reductions and operational improvements
- Must have deep experience in vendor product evaluation.
- Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to develop and manage service levels