- Mobile: Swift (iOS), Kotlin (Android)
- Web: React.js, TypeScript
- Services: Go for transactional systems; Python for analytical systems
- Datastores: Cassandra, MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Memcached, Redis, Google PubSub
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform
About the Role
- Design and build systems for scale, modularity, and flexibility without compromising on reliability.
- Deliver backend systems with an attention to high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset, and deployment pipelines.
- Take operational responsibility for the services we build.
- Collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team that consists of product, design and engineering team members to deliver a consistent experience to our users in real-time.
- Demonstrate rigor with code quality, best practices, and code review, while understanding product tradeoffs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years engineering experience, focusing primarily on backend development.
- Experience working with production code using languages such as C++, Go, Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing performant APIs on distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of data design and database systems
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Video Streaming Services
- Knowledge, exposure, or hands on experience with ML and related systems
Citizen is a fully-distributed team that offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock options, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.