atform Infrastructure - remote possible Jimdo GmbH
amazon web services
Engineering Manager - Cloud Platform Infrastructure
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As the Engineering Manager - Platform, Cloud Infrastructure, you are part of the Tech leadership group, responsible for the maintenance, development, and innovation of our business infrastructure landscape to enable product engineering teams to operate their services and bring fast and reliable products to our Jimdo customers. You lead a team of 5-6 engineers, which we are scaling up at the moment and closely collaborate with other engineering teams (their users). The mission of the role is to provide expert knowledge, drive operational excellence, and automate processes to ease up production for internal and external usage. The Team Lead reports to the VP Product.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
- You take ownership in moving forward Jimdo’s maturing Site Reliability Engineering culture where everyone is deeply focused on service maturity, live site reliability, and modern engineering principles
- You collaborate with other product engineering teams to improve the reliability, quality, performance, and availability of the product
- You enhance and develop our in-house Platform-as-a-Service that powers our products (hands-on development)
- You mentor, grow and lead the team to constantly bring expertise to a new level
- You actively participate in hiring to deliver best and diverse potential to the organization
- You are driven and passionate about operational excellence
- You have experience working with Kubernetes
- You see your job as continually improving the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
- You have at least two years of experience as an engineering manager/lead
- You have at least five years experience as a software engineer
- You have made use of cloud technologies, like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- You have substantial knowledge in developing and running production systems
Nice to have
- You have experience with Kubernetes Service Mesh (Istio or Linkerd)
- You have experience working with Go
- You have experience with monitoring systems, e.g. Prometheus
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.