amazon web services
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to support our Creative Analytics teams. This person will work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders to create sophisticated, insightful, trusted, and performant analytics solutions. VidMob’s Creative Analytics services are the gateway to enabling key functionality across VidMob’s platform.
Creative Analytics teams at VidMob are building the services to enable first in class creative analytics. These teams have important strategic goals with vital business impact and lots of implementation autonomy to tell us how to get there. We’ve scaled an early prototype into a meaningful business unit over the last 3 years and are excited to take it to the next level. As we look toward H2 2021, 2022, and beyond we will be going further with our existing data sources, adding new ones, addressing issues of performance at scale, building tools to support our growing number of data pipelines, and making it all come alive through meaningful UI components.
VidMob's engineering team will remain partially distributed post COVID-19, with synchronized quarterly visits to our Pittsfield, MA or NYC offices.
This role will be primarily a people manager role, while also staying close to project details and occasionally contributing directly. You will be a great fit for this role if you have experience as a backend or data engineer yourself, have managed engineers before, and are eager to support teams of great people that do amazing work and are critically important to VidMob’s future. Extra credit if you have previous experience in AdTech or MarTech!
You will be directly responsible for
- Managing, supporting, and growing the Creative Analytics teams.
- Delivering the first and best-in-class Creative Analytics service, including the data platform to power it.
- Becoming familiar with today’s big data/analytics landscape and learning our own stack, in order to review code, evaluate and recommend 3rd party solutions, guide architecture decisions, and occasionally contribute yourself.
- Working closely with team members and product leadership to establish the long term vision, create an executable roadmap, and remove barriers to success.
- Integrating product, design, and engineering goals to strike the right balance between new product features and long term system health.
- Representing Creative Analytics team needs within the Engineering management team.
- Demonstrating and protecting VidMob values within the team.
You will fit in great on our engineering leadership team if you:
- Enjoy enabling customers and learning quickly from feedback, even when it means making decisions amid uncertainty.
- Appreciate the constraints of running a high growth business.
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish; see diversity as a strength.
- Are sufficiently hands on and aware to fully understand and represent your team’s needs, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Are driven and goal-oriented, but are comfortable to let outcomes speak for themselves.
- Think in tradeoffs, and work to understand the costs and impacts of decisions you make before you make them.
We’re looking for a history of:
- Excellence in managing, building, and hiring teams.
- High product output relative to the size of the teams you’ve managed.
- Enabling and empowering your team to execute successfully with minimal day-to-day involvement on your part, but having the awareness and ability to dive into the code when called for.
- Building consensus among stakeholders, and resolving disagreements without sacrificing trust.
- Understanding and empathy for the needs of engineers, the needs of customers, and the needs of the business. You are not an advocate for one of these; you are an advocate for all of them and must exercise judgment accordingly.
- Improving your team’s diversity and inclusivity, independent of whether you have formally been in a position to make hiring decisions.
- Changing processes in ways that lead to measurable improvements in outcomes.
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Working with a distributed team