Science Suite Inc.
amazon web services
This is an exciting, hands-on position with a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to flourish in a leadership role. We are looking for someone with the managerial mindset and technical leadership experience to lead a team. An ideal candidate is someone who recently held a hands-on role leading the development of a large-scale web application.
This role is remote (Canada).
Our ideal fit
- Has technical leadership experience managing and growing a high-performing team
- Is knowledgeable in our stack (React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, Typescript, AWS/Heroku) and has experience working on a large-scale React project
- Motivated self-starter who is dedicated to building scalable software products that users love
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, enjoys asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- High-reaching, results-focused, and metrics-driven
- Takes initiative and loves solving big problems
- Wants to revolutionize how science is communicated around the world
- Manage a team of 5-7 developers (including hiring, technical mentorship, performance reviews, weekly 1:1s, etc) and own the technical roadmap for the team. Hire and onboard 2-3 more developers within the first 6 months.
- Be an advocate for process improvements and promote best practices around scrum/agile process and testing and code review practices
- Scope and lead large technical projects that will directly impact hundreds of thousands of scientists around the world
- Lead implementation of projects, including architecture, testing, team coordination, code reviews, QA and maintenance
- Participate in design, coding, testing, debugging, configuration and documenting of code
What you bring to the table
- Significant previous engineering leadership experience (including hiring, technical mentorship, performance reviews, weekly 1:1s, etc)
- Strong technical background in web development and frontend (4+ years)
- You've previously worked on a large-scale React project or similar framework (Angular or Vue.js)
- You've demonstrated the ability to solve complex architectural problems, think about tradeoffs and systems design
- You have a strong track record of both management and technical leadership and driving results from your team
- You have experience working on a team with a mature scrum/agile process