startup using location data for impact X-Mode Social
amazon web services
X-Mode is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead and manage a team focused on building X-Mode’s big data platform and pipelines. You will lead a team of highly skilled engineers to build production data pipelines capable of delivering the terabytes of geospatial data that power meaningful solutions for organizations of all types. You will be responsible for mentoring and developing this team, and for influencing the future of the X-Mode’s Data Platform.
This position is full-time remote (anywhere in the U.S.). Please note that at this time, X-Mode is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own execution and guide roadmap for X-Mode’s data ingestion pipeline and delivery platform
- Establish processes to ensure timely delivery of high quality data with low latency.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to direct reports who are distributed across multiple geographies.
- Influence the future technology choices of the data platform.
- Drive technical projects to success against timelines and budget
- Identify opportunities for new feature development and end to end system optimizations.
- Recruit world-class engineering talent, define clear career paths, and evolve the organizational structure of team as it grows
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and inclusivity that helps maximize productivity and professional growth for engineers.
- Remove/solve blockers for your team on a wide range of technical problems
WHO YOU ARE:
- 8+ years building complex data pipelines and big data management systems
- 5+ years leading and growing teams of highly skilled software engineers
- Significant experience leading geographically distributed teams across multiple timezones
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for collaboration with partner teams, product management and executives
- Production experience with our back-end tech stack on the pipeline, including the Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. AWS cloud services, Spark, Hive, Presto; Scala (and/or Functional Programming/ JVM languages); SQL-based data architectures; Linux;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Atlassian tools (Confluence, Bitbucket, and JIRA)
- Have proven success in delivering highly reliable and scalable software systems
- Strong sense of empathy for your team and maintain a deep respect for their happiness and careers
- Enjoys and thrives at working in fast-paced and dynamic environment and building teams from the ground up
- Any past experience with geolocation data is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Generous PTO policy & paid holidays
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the "ground floor" of a growing company
At X-Mode, we’re excited about building a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and we encourage all applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status to apply.