amazon web services
At ZALORA, we build software in cross-functional squads. Each squad has a mission it is focused on achieving. The Engineering Manager is a manager of people and is the squad's technical leader. Not only are they technically capable, but they spend time safeguarding their team's health, hiring a world-class team, and putting their team in the best position to succeed. They own the delivery of product commitments and are always looking to improve productivity.
We work on complex and large systems where you can reach millions of users while at the same time work with a high level of influence, autonomy and flexibility in terms of the working environment.
We are looking for either first-time/early experienced engineering managers, or senior engineering managers.
- Lead a team of 4-8 cross-functional engineers
- Make your team happy and successful
- Practice and implement modern software development methodologies such as continuous delivery and Scrum
- Improve processes to make your team more effective
- Set the technical standard for the team
- Foster technical decision-making in the team, and make final decisions when necessary
- Plan and estimate work to meet delivery commitments
- Conduct code reviews and make technical contributions to product architecture
- Collaborate with squad product owner to build out a great team
- Collaborate with the team to create a scalable and high performance backend system and multi channel, extendable front end applications that support multiple projects
- Foster "You build it, you run it" culture of service ownership
- Collaborate effectively with others
- Ability to achieve consensus among stakeholders
- Five or more years of experience
- Two or more years of experience in a leadership role with your current technical expertise
- Proficiency in distributed system design and architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to structure, coach, mentor a team of cross-functional engineers (i.e. backend, Android, iOS)
- Good product mindset, and understanding of balance between product features and engineering quality
- Experience working in a microservices ecosystem is optional, but highly valued