*** This is a paid part-time engineering mentorship opportunity ***
Do you have experience with Agile and Lean Methodologies? Can you break down a roadmap into tasks and keep the team on track? Do you also want to share your knowledge and help mentor the next generation of engineers?
We're actively looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help our team grow, stay on task, and set them up for success! Our ideal candidate will be comfortable with giving advice and helping individuals learn as well as meeting deadlines and staying focused.
theCOOP is a collective, intent on helping career changers accelerate their transition into the Engineering and Design field by providing them that real-world experience. In addition to building real products, theCOOP aims to provide mentorship, a continuous learning environment, and networking opportunities for individual growth. (We're a safe place to break stuff!)
*This is 15-20 hrs of hours per week commitment. Remote. We want you to have the flexibility to pursue other things!
- Set up and manage 2 week sprints.
- Generate tickets for our Kanban board
- Lead daily Stand-ups / Sprint releases / and Mid-Sprint reviews
- Collaborate with Product and Design Teams on defining our roadmap
- Manage Documentation
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Understanding of product development life cycle
- Familiarity with concepts like MVP and Build / Measure / Learn
- Belief in giving back and the concept continuous learning.
- Great Communication skills.
Familiarity with the following technologies (Looking for 'familiar' not an expert in all) :
React/ Node.js / Passport.js / MongoDB/ Express.js/ SQL/ Apollo / Neo4j / NextJS / Gatsby / Typescript / Python
Experience with building products from the ground up.
Experience with Kanban and a ticket system (i.e. Jira or similar)
Comfortable with ambiguity and pivots (We're a startup, learning as we go!)
Send resume and git to [email protected]