SaaS Healthcare Company The Jellyvision Lab Inc.
amazon web services
Jellyvision is hiring an Engineering Team Lead
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Engineering Team Lead to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a Team Lead, you'll provide technical leadership for a cross-functional team consisting of application and test engineers. You’ll use your experience to collaborate with your team on writing and shipping straightforward and maintainable code, while reserving time to help support them in their professional development.
What you’ll do
Our Team Leads are equally as excited about writing good, clean code, as they are about helping grow and mentor their team. Team Leads at Jellyvision have the following responsibilities:
- Architect and design straightforward solutions to problems
- Coach, mentor, and pair with less experienced team members
- Hold regular 1-1s with direct reports
- Collaborate with our product and creative teams, as well as other team leads and managers
- Evaluate build vs. buy decisions and ensure we only build custom solutions when necessary
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Participate in thoughtful and constructive code reviews
- Foster an inclusive team environment
Jellyvision is a wonderful place for developers to learn and grow, and we're looking for a Team Lead who will help them look towards the future of our products. A good Team Lead is both an advocate for the developers on their team, and a strong leader who helps to translate business requirements into well-designed, stable, and performant software products.
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Team Leads who are:
- Effective communicators: as the main point of contact for your team, you’ll collaborate regularly with members of teams outside the engineering organization.
- Technical leaders: you will have the opportunity to write code, and you will be actively involved in the whole of the software development lifecycle.
- Experienced with Agile methodologies: you understand that Agile is a set of principles, not a fixed process, and can assist in adapting standard methodologies to best fit the needs of your team.
We like our Team Leads to have experience with:
- Unit testing and test automation
- Source control (we use git)
- Relational databases
- AWS (DevOps experience is a bonus)
- Containerization / Docker
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Develops Talent
- Directs Work
- Drives Engagement
- Manages Conflict
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!