At Scoville, we focus on creating and improving new products in the field of human resources. We're always trying to find better solutions to help students find their dream job and help companies find the best candidate. Currently we are looking to expand our Web team to help us build products that will shape the market. For this purpose we are hiring an experienced Front-end Web Engineer to develop new and exciting features that improve the users’ experience. We're looking for people who share our aptitude for work to help us develop smart and well designed applications for our clients.
Our team is currently looking for ways to solve the existing challenges:
- Make the application simpler and easier to engage with to reduce time spent on recruitment and job-hunting for clients and candidates respectively.
- Allow candidates and clients to create appealing profiles to improve the acquisition and activation points for the system.
- Improve workflows for our customer success and business teams to better communicate with the clients and candidates.
- Work towards creating an application that is secure when handling personal information.
What You Will Do
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Delivering working web-based software
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to web solutions. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged
- Influence and guide the direction of the web-based solutions and ramp up the rest of the team’s web knowledge
- Work with cross-functional teams to help shape and define key features
What We Can Expect from You
- English language proficiency (no Japanese required)
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering Web solutions
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of web technologies, how to design and build websites and web based applications
- Experience with TypeScript
- Expert understanding of server side rendering, ideally using Next.js with React
- Significant experience using React (or another big framework like Vue)
- Good understanding of Design system and Component Driven Development
- Experience with Frontend testing(unit to e2e)
- Experience explaining complex, technological limitations to team members with a non-technical background
- Status of residence
- For those in Japan: must have a working visa valid for more than six months
- For those outside of Japan: remote contract work is available until a visa can be prepared
- ReScript is a strong nice-to-have, will need to learn on the job
- Experience working with Designers & exposure to tools such as Figma, Framer, etc.
- Japanese language proficiency
- Experience working with HR-related applications
- Strong experience in using one of the big functional programming languages (OCaml, Haskell, Erlang), ReScript/ReasonML is a big plus
What You Can Expect from Us
- 6.0 - 9.0 million/year (negotiable based on experience)
- 10+ paid days off per year
- Flexible work hours, opportunity to work remotely
- Social and health insurance
- Commuting subsidy and work equipment provided
- An international team of talented and engaged creators who will value your input
- Visa sponsorship (after 6-month trial period)