Headquarters: Mclean, VA
We’re searching for a front-end developer who wants to use their stellar technical skills to do good things — for our team, for our clients, and for the world.
- You’ll be writing and pushing code pretty much every day, sometimes with other developers, sometimes flying solo.
- You’ll build pixel-perfect responsive layouts and components based on design references.
- You’ll help us refine our WordPress/tech stack, moving us towards a leaner, faster, more modern approach.
- You’ll work on multiple projects at once: big ones, small ones, and weird ones, building new things, and extending existing web properties.
Technical Skills & Professional Traits
- Outstanding responsive HTML & CSS skills, including Sass, and frameworks like Bootstrap/Foundation
- A solid understanding of JS (extra credit for experience with React)
- 3+ years of technical experience with WordPress and the LAMP stack, and a strong understanding of the WordPress template hierarchy
- 2+ years of PHP, particularly geared towards WordPress
- Experience working with (or a solid understanding of) automation tools like Gulp, Bower, or Webkit
- Familiarity with UI/UX best practices and the ability to take a design system and elaborate to “design in browser” when necessary
- The attention to detail needed to accurately build responsive websites/user interfaces based on design references
- A talent for troubleshooting and rooting out strange problems
- A love for WordPress and using it to do unexpected things, but also the awareness to know when it’s not the right tool for the job
- Bonus points: Experience working with static site generators like Gatsby and GraphQL