Who you are:
- You’re a professional Front-end Drupal Developer/Themer who creates straightforward user experiences and designs beautiful, custom websites.
- You adhere to Drupal standard practices and can interface seamlessly with both designers and back-end developers.
- You bring both creativity and maturity to your work: you’re a self-starter who can jump in quickly and can manage your own time effectively in a remote work environment.
- You’re a team player who loves technology, communicates clearly (verbally and in writing), learns quickly and always carefully unit tests code before hand off.
- You’re skilled at and experienced with collaborating effectively with remote colleagues while working from home.
- You don’t mind travel to various locations, averaging twice per quarter (Due to Covid-19, travel is currently on hold and will recommence once it's safe to do so.)
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- 4+ years of experience in the field and/or formal training required
- Strong knowledge Drupal 7, Drupal 8 and/or 9 theme development concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment, from creating sites that meet all design requirements, to integrating code from the back-end development team and interacting with clients, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing conditions and opportunities
- Ability to read and understand concepts from user stories, comps and wireframes
- Ability to interact with clients, both technical and non-technical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong HTML5 skills; knowledge of how to use appropriate CSS hooks to limit the number of classes and IDs required on a page
- Deep understanding of CSS3 inheritance and how to use it to your advantage
- Skilled at writing SCSS and utilizing a SASS precompiler for compiling CSS stylesheet files
- Strong commitment to managing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser and mobile code across large sites
- Familiar with source control principles of Git or similar
- Willingness to travel to various locations across the United States
- Demonstrated commitment to I.F. Purpose & Principles based on employment history, experience and interview(s).
- Understanding of MV* application design methodology
- Knowledge of Responsive Design Patterns
- Work with Foundation/Twitter Bootstrap
- Knowledge of build scripts, e.g. Gulp or Grunt
- Familiarity with HTML template systems, e.g. Twig
Why work with us?
- Fun, cutting edge remote work environment – ever changing, always a chat away from team members
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Unlimited vacation, and a flexible schedule
- Access to a 401(k) plan