We are looking for an additional Front End Developer who can help us to build and improve our platform. If you like working in a fast-paced environment where you can really add value, this is the job for you!
We are accepting applications for the next two months and we fill the open position as soon as we’ve found the right candidate.
About the Position
These are the most important aspects you’ll be working on:
- Implement complex components such as rich text editors that dynamically analyses what is written in them and enriches it.
- Come up with sound architectures to support fast and rich web apps with hundreds of moving pieces.
- Refactoring outdated pieces of code into something awesome.
- Work in close collaboration with the development and design teams.
Tolq’s goal is to eliminate language barriers and to do that we’ve built a lot of technology that makes it easier for companies to translate their content. Our clients range from Bol.com, to MediaMarkt to Belvilla and many others
We have our HQ in The Hague in The Netherlands and we are remote first (so location is not an issue).
We have an open ‘startup-like’ mentality and are a software company from origin.
What else can you expect from us?
- Enthusiastic and fun colleagues
- Startup mentality and possibilities
- Friday afternoon drinks and/or (theme)parties (when COVID allows)
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with ramp-up and time to learn. You can expect a team that listens, and to be heard. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect to be counted on. You can expect to do your best work and build a career here.
We are looking for someone who is ready for this challenge with a getting things done work spirit.
- You are crazy about building beautiful and intuitive interfaces
- You enjoy tough challenges
- You are driven and enthusiastic
- You can handle a fast-paced, ever-changing, and deadline-driven environment
- Your communication skills in English are proficient
- At least 2 years using React and Redux, good knowledge of its weakest points and how to avoid them.
- At least 5 years of experience developing web applications
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with GraphQL
Good to have
- Ruby on Rails experience
- UX design capabilities with special emphasis on usability.
- Experience building SPAs from the ground up choosing a solid architecture fit for the problem.
- Good capabilities solving hard CSS problems
How to Apply
Please do NOT apply for this position if you just did IronHack, Codaisseur or one of the other basic coding bootcamps - or apply as an intern.