devterm IT Solutions
We love to create great software for the needs of customers ranging from the next big startup to major corporations. Our goal is to deliver a product that isn’t only great today but also builds a solid foundation for whatever happens in the future.
As a team of 5 software engineers, we founded devterm last year and now need your help to strengthen our team as a frontend developer.
What the job's like
- You will be developing web, mobile, or cloud apps for a wide variety of customers while being responsible for testing and documenting your code properly.
- Since we aim for the best codebase possible, you’ll be taking care of code reviews for other members of the team while they review your contributions.
- You will take care of triaging our customer’s feature requests and bug reports so that these are ready for the next sprint planning session.
What we’d want from you
- You should have mastered HTML, (S)CSS, TypeScript as well as one major frontend framework, such as Angular, Vue, React, or Svelte.
- You should be comfortable using git and a terminal in general.
- An understanding of object-oriented programming as well as software architecture is important too.
- As every piece of code has to be tested properly, experience with testing and test driven development would be of big help.
- Since we are using GitHub or GitLab for our projects, experience with either would be appreciated.
- We’d be truly excited if you have experience with web design and/or visualisation in general.
How we work
- Though we work remotely, we’re going to speak to each other at least once a day in daily stand-ups or in our planning sessions and retros. In addition to that, we try to meet in person every couple of weeks.
- We value quality in our work and products, hence we’ve developed processes and guidelines to aid with that. But since nothing’s ever perfect, we’re constantly improving these and want your input as well.
- Inspired by open source software projects, continuous integration and delivery pipelines help us find issues before they become problems while getting the finished product out of the door as quickly as possible.
- The most important thing for us is giving and accepting feedback so that we can grow together.
What we can offer you
- You’re free to work wherever and whenever you want, but if you ever feel the need to work out of an office, we can always get another desk in one of the coworking spaces we’re using (currently in Stuttgart or Darmstadt).
- We’ll be paying you a fair wage between 40k and 50k (€) depending on your skill level in a 35h/week contract.
- You’ll get a budget to choose the equipment you’re happy to work with as well as the software you need to do your job.
- Join us for regular knowledge-sharing meetups.
- We’re happy for you to use part of your time on the job to develop your professional skills and pursue your goals.
- If the circumstances allow it, we’d like to organise a summer party.
- All we need from you to prepare for a talk to get to know each other is your CV and if applicable your GitHub account or other references.