We are a self-funded, London based startup of a steep growth trajectory. We provide developers and DevOps teams a self-service cloud-native delivery platform, with which organisations can ship applications quickly, securely and at scale by automating away the complexities of cloud and Kubernetes. With us our customers, like the UK’s Home Office or Bank of England, are harnessing cloud-native technologies, limiting the challenges of infrastructure management and rapidly delivering digital products.
We are on a mission to enable organisations to make cloud and software delivery simple and efficient, whilst having the insights into costs, security and cadence. As a company that holds customers at the heart of everything we do, we are looking for candidates that want to make a real change and support organisations as they move to cloud and use it easily.
We are looking for someone who is an expert in UI design and front-end development to join our growing company. You will be a natural at understanding human-computer interaction design (HCID), in coming up with elegant solutions to improve our product, and in building and iterating on solutions. You will work alongside our UX Lead, Product Management, and Engineering team to drive a usable, elegant product interface.
- Strategically create new features and functionality based on user stories and behaviour.
- Drive improvements in the user experience
- Design and create screen flows, wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Translate user behaviour and research into actionable data
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices.
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools.
- Proficiency using Git version control.
- Expert knowledge of UI best practices
- UI development experience
- Proficiency using behavioural personas, concept models, design principles etc. to inform and drive your UI designs
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes
- A history of deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for users
- Solid knowledge on modelling, design patterns, refactoring, unit test.
- Solid knowledge on Agile methodology and practices
- Strong skills in visual design
- Strong software engineering, project management knowledge & experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of Kubernetes and enterprise platforms
- Understanding of developer workflows and software development life cycle
- Experience with Design thinking methods to develop great user design
- Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
- Experience using modern collaboration tools in a highly responsive environment
- Close teamwork and collaboration
- A passion for creative solutions to real user needs and business problems
- Driven to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, addressing the underlying problem and questioning any assumptions
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Meticulous attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-learner, able to work as a team and independently.
- Not afraid to jump into the back end to understand and solve problems affecting the front end.