About the Job
Join us and be a part of a start-up cell of a large international company, where you will be working with state-of-the-art technology, make use of NLP and Machine Learning, and where your career can grow exponentially.
You will be part of the Paperpal team powered by CACTUS, where we are rethinking how science is communicated and helping scientists write better science smarter. You will be part of an international working environment, with employees across the EU and Asia, who work together to build cutting-edge web experiences and APIs used globally by scientists. This is a remote working opportunity.
Your role will be to further develop and maintain a web-based product catering to scientific authors from all over the world, from the perspective of a frontend developer. This means:
- Writing new functionality in an existing frontend framework, a modern tech stack with React, Node.js, Redux and Typescript
- Build and release software through Jenkins, onto an AWS microservice architecture using Docker
- Implement UX designs in a responsive frontend. You will not be required to create designs yourself from scratch, though, we may at times ask you to prototype things with your own designs.
- Being part of a small team of about 3-4 people, participating in stand ups, and delivering code into this team
- Being part of code reviews of your and other people's code
- Keeping a critical B2B2C product running fast, stable, smooth and monitorable 24/7/365
So how do we know that’s you?
- You have knowledge of best practices in frontend development (such as basic knowledge of accessibility).
- You are motivated, curious and independent, with a desire to learn, and be a part of a growing company. You are motivated to learn from people with deep industry insights – but also willing to challenge and question decisions, and ask intelligent questions.
- Experience with React.js and Typescript is preferred, but not required.
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: You will work with a global team and will get in-depth experience.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at Paperpal are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programs, you will be rewarded for your success.
Awards and Recognition:
- Among the Best Companies for Millennials 2019
- Best Organization for Women’s Talent Development 2019N
- Among the top 20 companies on FlexJob’s global list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs 2016-2020
Powered by machine learning and trained on millions of published articles, Paperpal aims to simplify scientific writing. Founded by a small team across Denmark and India, Paperpal helps write, revise, and perfect academic text instantly. Paperpal uses cutting edge Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing in combination with the most knowledgeable people in the business, to accelerate scientific discovery. Paperpal aims to deliver the absolute best services and products, direct to the millions of scientific authors in the world who need to focus on science, and not details of presentation of their research.
Cactus Communications was founded in 2002 and aim to be the global organization that helps increase the speed and impact of research publishing worldwide. We partner with researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, R, Impact Science, UNSILO, and Cactus Labs.