Pepper Media Holding GmbH
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips and ideas, connecting members in twelve countries on three continents.
The Pepper.com Group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte, Guadalajara, London, Lyon and Mumbai, runs market-leading platforms such as mydealz (Germany), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), Dealabs (France) and nine more around the world. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Frontend Developer to join our team in Berlin. You will play a central role in crafting high quality and elegant code for our communities around the world. You will build the frontend systems that power our fast-growing business, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will contribute towards creating a more attractive, helpful, and fashionable community for everyone!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Plan web components together with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Implement reusable and solid responsive frontend components
- Identify and fix performance and maintenance problems
- Ongoing improvement of our frontend infrastructure
- Stay up to date with new frontend technologies and best-practices, and share them with the team
The qualities we are looking for:
- At least 3 years working experience as a full-time Frontend Developer
- Experience with mobile-first development and responsive layouts
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (we use Sass)
- Experience with VM libraries (we use Vue.js and Angular.js)
- Ability to write/architect reusable and maintainable code
- Working knowledge of what makes a good User Experience
- Good English language skills
Bonus points for knowing/using any of the following:
- Experience with CSS methodologies (we use BEM)
- Experience with component libraries/design systems
- Experience with build tools (we use webpack)
- Experience with typescript
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Competitive salary
- Personal development budget for attending conferences and/or training workshops
- Flexible working hours
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc... (when the situation allows it again)
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city centre easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene (although we currently don’t use it!).
- 5 Personal Development days
- Chance to choose your on pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- The possibility to work fully remotely from Germany, France or the UK
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're looking forward to receiving your application including your motivation letter and your CV.
Data protection policy