Position: Frontend Engineer
Salary: $130K-$180K (dependent on work location & level of experience)
Location: Fully Remote anywhere in the US or Onsite in San Francisco, CA
Ought is an applied research lab building Elicit, a GPT-3-based research assistant for questions about the future.
Today, researchers and policy analysts use Elicit to find relevant publications for a literature review, find datasets, or brainstorm research questions that are interesting to their audience. Researchers can define new tasks by showing Elicit just a few examples of the task being done. Elicit then scales those tasks to thousands of publications and datasets.
The Role and Your Impact:
- Build intuitive interfaces that let research analysts use language models as tools for thought
- Contribute to high-impact decisions concerning design, product, and engineering
What You May Bring:
- Very comfortable building UIs with React (preferred) or Vue.js
- Always looking for ways to improve design, UI, UX, even when working with a designer
- Excited about optimizing the structure of a React frontend
- Excited about organizing CSS in a large, growing project (should we use CSS-in-JS? BEM? something else?)
- Excited to work in an fast-paced environment with a lot of design and product iteration
Bonus If You Have:
- Familiarity with React hooks, TypeScript, Redux, Material-UI, testing frameworks