ruby on rails
Parade is growing! We are hiring another remote, full-time frontend developer to join our Digital team as we continue to rewrite the American underwear story.
As a front-end developer, you’ll build innovative e-commerce digital products to provide our community with a seamless and fun shopping experience. You’ll do much more than just write code - you’ll be an integral part of the entire digital product development process, from ideation through delivery and iteration.
You’ll work on our Digital team, made up of folks across growth, design, and engineering, to drive our business forward and bring Parade to hundreds of thousands of people across the United States over the next year. This role reports to the Head of Engineering and will work closely with both them and our current engineer.
Our Stack & Process: New frontend projects typically start with a set of Figma designs, coupled with detailed interaction notes, which we’d hand off to you. You’ll take these and turn them into live code on a weekly cadence. We value good software and believe in nimbleness as a defining characteristic of our success.
Our storefront runs on Shopify Plus, so you should be comfortable with Liquid templating and generally know your way around Shopify theme development and deployment. Strong HTML, CSS, and JS skills are a must-have. You should also be comfortable doing performance optimization on the frontend (and it’s a bonus if you’ve also previously optimized Liquid code.) It’s also important to have experience collaborating on complex, multi-developer projects.
It’s also a plus if you’ve ever worked with (or are comfortable building) Ruby on Rails apps -- we have a custom backend that powers a bunch of missing Shopify features, as well as supports our Product and Community teams’ internal processes; you’d periodically be helping ship features there, too. We typically operate on a one- to three-week sprint cycle, but are not overly dogmatic and prioritize opportunities to impact the business day-to-day.
Role & Responsibilities: This is a fully-remote, full-time position. We’d start with a paid sample project, building a hypothetical new feature for our live storefront, as well as doing some brainstorming exercises around how you think about product. We’re mostly in LA and NYC, so at minimum you should be able to be available for a chunk of time during Eastern Time working hours. Ideally you’re someone who has always worked remotely, are comfortable communicating over Slack and email, and can self-manage your time and priorities.
- You have 4+ years of web development experience in E-Commerce, with at least some Shopify experience
- Expert knowledge of CSS/SCSS and implementing web animations
- Experience with integrating front-end frameworks like React with Shopify
- Knowledge of build tools like Webpack and Babel for web performance and optimization.
- Strong design instincts and enjoys working collaboratively with a team of designers
- A commitment to creating readable, clean, and well documented code
Very Nice to Have:
- A website or a portfolio
- Experience with Shopify Plus, Storefront API, GraphQL, and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with headless architecture
- Experience managing projects end to end
Benefits + Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Paid time off including Vacation PTO, Sick Leave, and Quarterly Company-wide Wellness Days
- WFH setup stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts on Parade products