Must live in the U.S. and be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
We are growing! Simucase (sister company to continued) is an innovative technology platform allowing users to assess, diagnose and make recommendations for a library of virtual patients. It encourages critical thinking and facilitates interprofessional education in a no-risk learning environment. Our company is fast-paced, nimble, and we laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions. Learn more at simucase.com and continued.com.
We celebrate diverse voices within our organization and in the professions we serve and welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our team members feel empowered and supported in their careers. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious creed, disability status, or age. We are also committed to paying our team members at fair rates based on their skills and experience.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY TEAM
Our slack channels are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and tips and tricks. We share code on github and have adopted a mantra of simplicity and readability first. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We don’t pair most of the time, but we collaborate regularly and enjoy healthy debates. A thirst for knowledge, a passion for problem solving, and the desire to continuously improve is what drives our team. We keep up to date in our field via continuing education, conferences, reading, and more.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an innovative and engaged Full Stack Developer who is motivated, creative, and fun to assist in developing our custom CakePHP and Laravel web applications.
- Full time, 8a-5p Mon-Fri in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting (which is a lot of fun), and may be required a handful of times for team meetings (once COVID clears of course)
- Must live in the U.S. and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Minor and major application feature development for Simucase platform and other applications
- Assist stakeholders in developing Simucase feature specifications
- Plan, code, and deploy new features and applications as well as help migrate our legacy CakePHP system into more modern architecture and technology
- Troubleshoot application bugs and determine resolutions
- Optimize and refactor existing code to improve performance, stability, and reliability
- Suggest improvements, security needs, best practices, etc. (your voice will be heard)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful.
- 4+ years experience with OOP PHP and modern back end frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, etc…not just Wordpress themes)
- 4+ years experience with modern front end frameworks (Vue, React, Angular, etc)
- Experience working with SASS, AWS and cloud based web applications is a plus
- Ability to take an idea from concept to reality in an iterative and highly releasable manner
- Ability to work on both front end and back end technologies
- Ability to take design documents and turn them into functional code
- Comfortable refactoring/understanding legacy code
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining unit/feature tests
- A communication pro - must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly (we are always on Slack with stakeholders)
- Highly attentive to details, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's
- There is direct project oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving)
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player
We prefer an interested and excited developer with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged developer with tons of experience.