ruby on rails
Let's change lives, one download at a time.
We believe that everyone deserves access to mental health support. That’s why we built Sanvello.
Think of it as a personalized mental health toolkit, including therapy, coaching, coping techniques, meditations, plus goal and mood tracking. All designed by experts and rooted in cognitive behavioral therapy.
Join us in breaking down barriers and eliminating stigmas surrounding mental health. As a Sanvello employee, you’ll support others and we’ll support you along the way.
About the Role
In this role, you will be an integral member of our software development team, focused both on developing new features and on supporting our existing customers (internal and external) as a level four technical support resource. You should be comfortable with enterprise Java, SQL queries, and cloud-hosting. Your time will be divided approximately 50/50 between new feature development and support. We are looking for a strong developer who can not only address existing issues, but who can make systemic improvements to the system as a whole in order to prevent future issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement new features and fix bugs in Java (Dropwizard) backend and node.js microservices.
- Debug customer issues across the entire product stack (angular.js-based Cordova mobile apps, react.js web app, angular.js web app, Java backend, PostgreSQL DB, node.js microservices)
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing team.
- Adhere to coding styles and development best practices
- Stay current with new technology trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in backend software development
- Experience with enterprise Java
- Comfortable with relational databases and complex SQL queries (PostgreSQL experience plus)
- Experience developing for, deploying to, and debugging on cloud hosting providers (AWS or GCP)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
- Front-end development experience with React or Angular.js a plus
- Mobile development experience a plus