Scratch Financial, Inc
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the engineering team at Scratchpay. Scratchpay is on a mission to help people and their loved ones live happier lives by making access to healthcare simple. Over 1 million people have already turned to Scratchpay to help them with their care. Interested in helping design and build products that help people around the world live happier and healthier lives? Then read on…
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer who is able to complete a project from conception to final product. This position will help build Scratchpay’s services ecosystem building essential micro-services so that we may deliver the best experience to our practice partners and their patients. You will be responsible for designing and developing front end and back end web architecture, testing your solutions, and ensuring its ongoing responsiveness.
You have strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You love doing things efficiently.
At Scratchpay, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
We also believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment, and we care most about getting it right rather than being right.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria above and below:
- Architect, discuss, design, implement systems within the Scratch ecosystem. From simple (but important) sign-up forms to complex back-offices to end-user facing forms to multi-service signal-based event integration. There is no limit to what the business needs, and there is no limit to how good our solutions can be.
- Help Scratch develop its test infrastructure and write tests-as-we-code to improve Scratch test coverage
- Grow and improve the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Participate in all technical and product discussions together with the team
- Work with 100% quality and business-sustainability in mind!
- Developing front end and back end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing restful APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- Ability to design, write and test code, algorithms, whether in the front-end, back-end, you-name-it (Cloud Functions?)
- Deep understanding of OOP and development patterns would be great
- Strong knowledge of Golang, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Experience with microservice based architecture.
- Strong coding skills, ability to use BDD and TDD if needed
- Ability to switch between languages, not vendor-locked-in
- Experience and confidence developing RESTful APIs and High-load apps
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and testable code with high quality
- Collaborate in different team members and Stakeholders to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- A principled approach to development. You should be opinionated but you should be die-hard about your opinions because after all, maybe you're wrong (but maybe not?)
- The understanding that any one line of code written can lead to catastrophic consequences if not thought out carefully! (Am not kiddin', just look at the heartbleed security issue)
- Ability to switch between frameworks (front-end, back-end, you-name-it)
- An eye for design and good front-end skills. Maybe not pixel perfect level but the ability to develop something that will look good and work across devices
- Understanding what is color theory and domain driven design
- Knowing what Agile and Scrum are
- Degree in Computer Science will be advantageous
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL,Postgres or Orient DB
- Fluent in English
- Nice to have: knowledge of NodeJS, GCP, CI/CD, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Nice to have: Experience in building payment solutions
- Nice to have: Experience in loans business
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Forward thinking
- Have empathy
- Know your stuff and know what you don't know;
- Take constructive criticism
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.