As a Full Stack Developer, you will play a major role in designing and implementing features in our next generation SAAS platform, contributing to the transformation of our business.
If you are a highly skilled and motivated developer, with a successful track record of working in large, consumer-facing web infrastructures and are ready for a challenging & rewarding environment, then we want to talk to you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly skilled full stack developer assigned to create and maintain complex Internet applications in Python / Django / React
- Responsible for scoping, architecting, and implementing new features in our SAAS platform
- Work in an iterative development environment using methodologies like CI/CD and containerization to quickly deliver code, gather feedback, and provide value to our users
- Work independently or in a team environment, able to collaborate with other developers and members of other departments
- Help validate the quality of your and your peers code via testing and code reviews
- Exercise judgment, applying creativity and ingenuity in designing and implementing solutions
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field)
- Three plus years of professional experience developing Internet applications within a team environment
- Strong experience in designing and implementing architectures for robust, scalable cutting edge web applications
- Strong experience creating API endpoints with Python / Django / Django REST Framework
- Strong knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL, SQL and schema design
- Full life cycle development experience
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices and general DevOps
- Experience with source control, preferably Git, and issue tracking systems like Jira
- Experience creating unit and functional tests to validate code
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Must be self-directed, confident, and have the able to use best-practice development processes effectively
Nice to Have:
- Experience with component architecture and design systems, and tools like Storybook
- Good understanding of modern CSS (CSS in JS, styled components, CSS Modules)
- Good understanding of responsive web design, web accessibility, and web performance
The preferred location for this candidate is in the Boston or Washington D.C. areas, to eventually work out of our Boston or D.C. office in a post COVID world. We are however, open to qualified candidates who would work remotely from their home anywhere in the United States. Hours for this position are based on the eastern time zone.
Many things can hold us back from applying to a job posting. The truth is, there's no such thing as the “perfect” candidate. Skyword is building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, will only complement the team we already have in place. At Skyword every team member can grow and develop. So, please apply if this role inspires you, and would make you want to bring your best to work every day. We’ll bring the rest to make this a memorable experience!