Bright Cellars is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works
Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a highly collaborative culture and adapts in a rapidly changing environment. To succeed in this role, you should be a self-starter who is constantly challenging yourself and your colleagues to grow.
What You’ll be Working On:
- Crafting a frontend dashboard using React, Redux, Highcharts, and any other JS libraries identified along the way that’ll help supercharge the product (e.g. D3.js)
- Designing and implementing a backend API using Python’s Flask framework
Key Technical Skills You’ll Bring:
- JS, ReactJS, Redux
- HTML, CSS, SASS / SCSS, Webpack
- Python, Flask, unittest, flask_testing, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- AWS ECS, RDS, Redshift
- Docker, nginx
- Git, Github, CircleCI
- Data ETL experience, Apache airflow
- Experience with advanced data visualization tool (e.g. D3.js, observable, and vega)
- Experience with designing and implementing REST APIs
Experience You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, React (or a similar frontend framework), Python, and MySQL
- Experience with AWS and CI / CD processes
- Knowledge of other programming languages a plus
- Writing testable code