In order to advance our mission to - "Enable Personalized Care for Every Cancer Patient," we are seeking candidates for the following role:
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative team developing greenfield software solutions to help cancer patients manage their treatment in collaboration with clinics and their care givers.
- Develop modern, secure, scalable micro-services and data streaming services using Java, AWS and open source technologies.
- Collaborate with other team members to define interfaces, help groom stories with well-defined acceptance criteria, contribute to design, participate in code reviews, etc.
- Participate in DevOps efforts: automation tools, CI/CD, secure & cloud-native API solutions.
- Collaborate with team members to evaluate, research, and/or prototype solutions.
- Help the company's vision and strategy by supporting team members through technology and architecture changes.
- Evaluate product experience holistically, from high level product requirements to the specifics of how individual features would fit together
- Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions.
- 5+ years of software full-stack development experience
- Craftsmanship and passion on the way you develop software, taking ownership of the end product
- Motivation in writing clean unit tests and integration tests for front-end applications and back-end services
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a dynamic Agile-based (Scrum) software development team
- Passion for collaboration and growing with others
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong GraphQL experience in client and server
- Java 11 or newer, cloud-native integrations, containerized Java applications, etc.
- DevOps, AWS infrastructure, Terraform, Terragrunt, DataDog
- Experience deploying services with Kubernetes
- Experience with front-end optimization, HTML templates, markup issues, CSS preprocessors like Sass
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care-and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! Join us to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time, in our downtown Seattle office - although currently we are all working 100% remotely. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- ORCA passes for commuting
- Educational stipend
- Central location equidistant from Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square
- Company sponsored lunch every Monday and fully stocked kitchen
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.