Are you a full stack software engineer? Do you thrive on high-performing, rapidly growing teams? Do you love getting to dabble in both deep-dive R&D projects and crucial feature delivery across multiple products and technologies? Balto is looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our startup, grow alongside the organization, and take a major role in defining and building the category of Real-Time Speech Analytics.
The ideal candidate always has an eye toward reducing tech-debt, loves a crisp implementation, and can appreciate the value of a smile and a deep breath during an important architecture debate... I mean discussion.
- Implementing the features that will thrill our customers (and they aren’t shy about sharing it), cement our place as the #1 Real-Time Guidance, and craft our architecture to continue to 5x the number of active users over and over.
- Maintaining code quality through standard, lightweight best practices, like testing, code reviews and design docs.
- Communicating with peers, leads and Engineering Managers about reducing technical debt, prioritization of refactors, and ideas to increase stability and scalability across the architecture.
- Python (Django, Flask or Tornado)
- Relational databases (Postgresql or MySQL)
- Unixy things: Git (Github), Bash, Ubuntu, Docker
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k program
- Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, and Civic Engagement PTO
- Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Free Parking/Commuter Benefits
- Dog-friendly office
Balto is an artificial intelligence tool that transcribes and analyzes sales calls in real-time to deliver live recommendations to sales reps while they navigate their calls. Sales reps use Balto to improve their communication skills, better understand customers’ needs, and consistently remember the key points that they need to address on every call. At Balto, you will experience firsthand the limitless passion and critical strategy that go into building a technology company from the ground up.
Balto is headquartered in the T-REX incubator, an innovative space in downtown St. Louis that houses a community of technologists and entrepreneurs. If you are excited about contributing to a successful, early-stage startup, please apply.
Balto is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, age, and veteran or disability status.