GooseChase Adventures Inc.
GooseChase is a rapidly growing, fully remote web and mobile platform for creating and facilitating scavenger hunts. Through our website, organizers create custom "hunts" for anything from on-boarding new employees, touring museums, engaging at festivals, educating students and more! Participants can compete as teams or individuals to submit photo/video, text or GPS based missions through our native Android and iOS apps.
The key technologies we use are:
- Front-End: TypeScript with React (Redux architecture), HTML, SCSS & Webpack.
- Back-End: K8s, Docker, Django, REST (Tastypie), Task Queuing (Celery, Redis), Postgres, Nginx, Gunicorn.
Because of the flexibility and ease-of-use of our product, we have successfully powered game types ranging from festival-wide competitions, with thousands of dollars in prizes, to K-12 classroom lessons on government types, featuring gummy bears to help demonstrate the differences between a dictatorship and a democracy!
Seeing the different ways the product can be used, and the joy it creates in those who participate, is an incredibly rewarding experience & is something we’d love to share with you as well!
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to create new, exciting features for our user base of game organizers and game participants. You will work directly with our design and mobile teams to bring feature mock-ups to life, delighting our users and ensuring the delivery of high-quality code that focuses on reliability and performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Being familiar and up-to-date with the platform functionality (online game manager & participant mobile apps).
- Working with our customer success & design teams to understand the motivations for a feature & coding it with those objectives in mind. Put another way, we want you to know why you are doing what you’re doing!
- Developing the front and back-end components for new features that will help game organizers run games more effectively while delighting participants in new and unexpected ways.
- Participating as a member of the development team - contributing to PR reviews, sharing learnings so the rest of the team can improve, etc.
- Working under limited supervision with significant autonomy and independent judgment.
The candidate for this position must be:
- At an intermediate to advanced level in both front-end and back-end web/application development (can be personal projects and/or work experience).
- Possessing a strong command of programming best practices in autonomous and collaborative work.
- Able to take ownership of work, maintaining high standards of performance, reliability & security.
- An excellent communicator, problem solver, and creative thinker.
- Located within, or has regular working hours within North American time zones (UTC-5 to UTC-8) to ensure sufficient overlap with our distributed product team.
Although not required, it would be a big plus if the candidate had past experience:
- Working with React, Django, and Docker.
- Working with smaller teams, especially in a remote setting.
- Fully remote work - work whenever/wherever/however you want. We've been doing this for years, so this isn't a temporary thing for us.
- Competitive compensation, including stipends for equipment, co-working spaces, etc.
- Join a company that is profitable & growing quickly, but still prioritizes doing the right thing over everything else.
- Significant learning opportunities - whether it’s learning about other parts of the business or taking on more responsibility, we expect everyone on the team to be continually looking to grow.