Remote (UTC-4 to UTC+2)
Metrica Sports is on a mission to provide best in class performance analysis solutions to clubs, teams and players at all levels of the game (from world class champions to amateur teams). We are passionate not only about sports and the impact they have in society, but also about the products we build and the customers we provide solutions for. If you share these values and are an experienced full-stack developer we want to hear from you!
At Metrica Sports you will:
- Be a part of a small and highly skilled team focused on developing high quality software for data and video analysis.
- Plan and develop new backend services and adapt the existing ones using NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Design and implement performant, maintainable and reusable code for our frontend projects using React, Redux, CSS, etc.
- Analyze existing codebase and come up with alternatives and improvements to meet new requirements in our products.
- Own your work from development to production and ensure its quality, maintainability, supportability and security.
- Inspire fellows with your creativity and knowledge sharing.
- We are an all remote company (time-zones between Eastern Time and Central European time).
Who we are looking for:
- You are intrinsically curious, like to research new technologies and constantly want to learn and improve.
- You are highly collaborative, love to share your knowledge and want to work on a small and dynamic team.
- You have a startup spirit and like to work on fast paced environment.
You are a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a full-stack engineer.
- You are comfortable using NodeJS and understand the concepts of modern RESTful development.
- You have a solid foundation of system design principles, data structures and algorithms.
- You have experience working with database systems (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, etc.).
- You have experience using modern JS frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Redux, etc.).
- You have experience with AWS infrastructure or similar, creating auto-scalable solutions and automating CI/CD pipelines.
- You are self-driven, value autonomy and are committed to ship high quality code.
- You have an analytical mind and great attention to details.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
We would value:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience optimizing performance and costs in a cloud architecture.
- Experience handling servers and data in different regions.
- Experience using Electron or related frameworks.
- Experience coding in Typescript, C++ and/or Python.
- Please apply here. We won't consider email applications.
- We do not accept solicitations by recruiters, recruiting agencies, head hunters and/or outsourcing organizations.
- Applications reviewed by team lead and CTO, this process could involve a quick intro call (15mins)
- Technical interview with team lead. We will ask you to prepare a review of code you have worked on that you are particularly proud of, or think it's interesting to discuss. (1h)
- Interview with CTO. (1h)
- Reference calls.
- Interview with CEO. (1h) Offer.