LIGHTFEATHER IO LLC
LightFeather is currently seeking talented full stack engineers who are well versed in Cloud, DevOps, Security and Agile. This is a long-term project. Successful candidates must thrive in a people-based corporate culture.
US Citizenship Required
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable and resilient cloud-based applications on private and public clouds - either building APIs or front-end using React or Angular
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Take ownership of key architecture decisions
- Knowledgeable in the tools and techniques necessary to design automated deployments using a DevOps approach
- Work on an integrated team that embraces an Agile methodology with an emphasis on automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Support the design and development of secure microservices, and responsible for writing high quality, defect-free, secure, extensible, and reusable code, and ensuring that code is protected and tested through rigorous automated testing practices.
- All candidates must demonstrate a high degree of initiative, passion for innovation, a solid understanding of software engineering, and a willingness to work in a highly collaborative Agile and DevOps culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Math, Engineering or IT-related field
- At least 2 years of experience with the following technologies: Java, Angular or React, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Hibernate (ORM), Gradle, Docker, Postgres, Sonarqube
- 5+ years of progressively responsible software engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of specific software engineering related to front-end and/or back-end applications and or data services.
- Possess strong full stack engineering, including at least 2 years of experience deploying production enterprise applications in AWS
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming principals
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices
- Experience designing and building Microservices a major plus
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid), in addition to Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying gained knowledge to address business problems
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution
LightFeather.io, LLC is a newly formed WOSB and SDVOSB. Our company motto is "Always Ideating, Always Iterating, and Always Innovating." We are a fun, forward leaning, edgy startup that is ready to change the world and improve the federal government, one organization at a time. We truly believe in empowering our people to be leaders and contributors. We have been putting people first since day one. We offer variety, fulfillment, challenge, depth and balance. Be ready to flex your skills across the industry to do great things and make a powerful value-driven impact. We attract the best in the business. People from enterprises, consultancies, agencies, and startups—all drawn to building a career that’s both exciting and sustainable.
LightFeather’s services cover a wide range of business and technology capabilities. The breadth in capabilities assures that LightFeather can support organizations with an enterprise and forward-thinking vision. We collaboratively design, build, and implement business strategies and solutions to help solve complex client problems to drive business value. Specifically, we partner with customers to provide Management Consulting, Cyber Security, User Experience, Cloud Based (Infrastructure, Foundation, DevOps, Custom Development, Data, Analytics, and Security) Solutions. For example, AWS, and various/many open source technologies.