Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a Full Stack Engineer interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagine online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI's current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
You will work directly with our Engineering and our Product team, to help build Octane AI's back-end technology and front-end experience. You will be in charge of building and implementing new plugins and features. You will be a critical member of the team, impacting our customers and revenue with the features you develop.
How you will contribute:
- Work with the product team and engineering teammates to develop and implement new features and plugins for Octane AI. A well-rounded & diversified engineer is ideal for this role. If you love working with frontend mostly, that's also fine as long as you are able to change backend whenever needed.
- Transform our roadmap and your ideas into scalable products and features. You will have the power to guide the direction of the company and the (many) features we build.
- Implement new integrations within Octane AI. You will be working with the Facebook API and the APIs of products and services that we will be integrating into our bots and the Octane AI platform. You should be adept at learning new APIs.
- Help develop and improve Octane AI's architecture.
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment. Be flexible enough to take on any task.
- 5+ years of frontend and backend-back development work. The ideal candidate is a top-tier developer who is comfortable in a startup environment -- AKA putting out fires, learning on-the-fly, and thrives on change and new challenges.
- Important: Experience working with the Facebook API, Redis, AWS DDB.
- Nice to have: ES6/ES7, SASS, React-bootstrap, Redux, Functional programming experience
- Please provide code samples or links to repositories with your code, along with an explanation of your programming philosophy. The more we can understand the way you think about code, the better. It's not an issue if you can't share a piece of code because of an NDA or something else.
More About Working At Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we'd prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don't be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called "fast parrot". Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It's a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- Don't work if you are sick. It's way better to rest and recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don't hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.