PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to bring governments and people closer together through our award-winning, SaaS platform.
When PayIt started, it was difficult (or just plain impossible) to renew a Driver’s License or pay a court ticket in a mobile, quick, or convenient way. PayIt, along with our award-winning government partners, has made processes like going to the DMV or to a county courthouse, one that you can do right from your smartphone or computer. Since then, PayIt has been building an entire business toolkit for local and state government agencies while simplifying doing business with government agencies by consolidating hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience for citizens. Meanwhile, through our secure cloud-based platform, we have reduced friction for the everyday citizen, making digital government services accessible, equitable, and efficient.
We arewell funded,we have picked up awards fromForbes,FAST Design(alongside McDonald’s and Nike), ourCEO has won EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, and we have been recognized as a leader in our industry as aGovTech 100the past six years in a row.
About the Senior Full Stack Engineer Opportunity (This role can be worked from anywhere in the United States):
At PayIt, we’ve worked diligently to build a team of high integrity, high aptitude, highly driven engineers. Our team of smart, mission-driven team members enables an atmosphere of high responsibility and high autonomy. We hold ourselves to high standards, always looking to improve our skills, our platform, and our offering to our clients. We are driven by the fact that we’re building a meaningful product and solving exciting technical challenges that impact the lives of everyday people like you and me.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, guide, and vet systems design for distributed systems with a mindset for performance, encryption, security, scalability, and availability within a broader set of our platform. Write product or system development code to solve ambiguous problems.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team. Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.
- Articulate and communicate design and development processes to technical and non-technical team members
- Own and drive development and delivery of features one of our Product Teams.
- Provide and receive design and implementation evaluations and improve per iteration.
What You’ll Need for this role (job requirements):
- 5+ years experience working on distributed software systems while providing technical structure to teams and working closely with management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Familiar with the technologies, trade-offs, and design patterns emerging in web-services based technologies.
- Experience with asynchronous programming patterns.
- Experience with relational databases and schema design.
- Interest in innovating within the global payments industry.
- Experience working with containers, orchestration tools, AWS, and asynchronous services within AWS.
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
Bonus Points For:
- Bonus points for experience with financial, accounting or payments systems.
- Bonus point for experience working with large and complex datasets and/or other distributed data processing systems.
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Passionate about building products and services that will be used by a large number of citizens that will handle a large volume of transactions with increasing complexities.
- Experience working with tokenization, PKI, and public and/or private key exchange.