Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Relayr has been selected as one of the Built In Best Places to Work in Chicago and Austin in 2021. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer with focus on Azure and React. You will join a team of full stack engineers that would bring about new crucial components to our platform. We are currently working on exciting IIOT applications which require software skills from the edge to the cloud.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition.
Above all we are looking for people who will contribute to the success of relayr. We love diverse experiences, so even if you don't meet all the requirements but think you'd thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
When you join relayr you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain IoT modules and services.
- Write high-quality, well-documented and testable code.
- Participate in creating client-facing and internal administration dashboards.
- Research and experiment with new tools and technologies (especially Azure out of the box).
- Help design performant and clean APIs for our IoT services.
- Work closely with other teams on security and UX topics.
- Collaborate with colleagues in an agile and cross-functional team environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience in full-stack engineering (preferably in Node & React).
- Practical experience with Azure services such as Active Directory (Azure certification is a plus).
- Expertise in building REST APIs (e.g. Koa, Swagger).
- Understanding of distributed systems (e.g. Kafka, MQTT, OAuth 2.0).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Elastic search).
- Comfortable working with Unix-like systems and DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes).
- Able to work in a structured, agile, and test-oriented manner.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding program and flexible working hours.
- Beautiful office located in downtown Chicago with a great view over the city.
- Work life balance including a flexible work from home policy, vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline.
- Competitive salary.
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending account, and commuter benefits.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- We offer paid parental leave for both parents.
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine.
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive.We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.