Full-Stack Engineer: learn Go, also working with Node.js, React & TypeScript
Oscatel is hiring a Full-Stack Engineer - working in React, TypeScript and Node.js, plus learning Go within this role - to help design and implement solutions for a range of projects that underpin operational services for mobile carriers.
We're an established software provider that's building modular, containerised, web-based solutions - many of which will become long-term products - mainly around operational support services for carriers. The domain entails data-intensive services where security, data integrity and uptime are key. This presents lots of interesting coding challenges as we design, build and integrate our technology.
You can anticipate a mix of well-defined greenfield projects, initially focused on implementing the web application front end for a large customer deliverable, along with substantial exploratory work as we validate concepts and build new solutions, maturing these into products.
We'll allocate projects that build upon your strengths and support you as you grow. We'll help you get to grips with Go for the back-end, through pairing and space to learn the language and library.
We offer a culture where you may work under your own initiative as part of a collaborative effort towards common goals. It's an opportunity to be an early team member, and to grow and improve together.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Actively contributing to improve our development culture, methods and automation
- Building core services in Typescript & Go using GraphQL and gRPC
- Developing process focused admin consoles and dashboards for internal and external clients
- Representing comprehensive data from analytics and alerting tools
We're looking for
- Someone able to write code that's efficient, robust, documented and well tested
- Any Linux-based language for the back-end, plus a positive approach to learning Go
- Web service writing skills, and familiarity with relational databases e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Solid understanding of computer science principles, through formal study or practice
- Broad understanding of unit, service and integration testing
- Ability to understand complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practices
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Salary and benefits
- £40,000 - £55,000 we're keeping an open mind
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and a day for your birthday
- Flexible and remote working - tell us what you need
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications