Head of Web & API DevOps
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be responsible for the full-stack development of digital products with Angular and/or React using Typescript, HTML, and CSS using Sass, Node JS working closely with digital designers, and other developers in the DevOps team.
- Backend and API development using Node JS, including integration with third party APIs.
- Work with Visual Studio Code (preferred IDE) and Git, adhering to the Pull Request/code review process, and overall DevOps pipeline.
- Work closely with the Digital Designers on ensuring the best user experience.
- Creating modern Single Page Application experiences ensuring compatibility across all major browsers on desktop, tablet and mobile phones.
- Plan, develop, execute and maintain automated tests within the agreed processes, tools and methodologies.
- Document code changes and adhere to high development standards.
- Analyze requirements, determine technical approach, technical design and size required effort to deliver.
- Proactively raise issues where it is unlikely that a timeline is going to be met due to an unforeseen challenge/s.
- Support QA and deployment activities and troubleshoot production defects.
- Contribute ideas and observations for new products, services, tools and process improvements.
- Ensure that our project management process tools (Trello and Harvest) are kept up to date to assist the overall delivery planning.
- Assist in the implementation of initiatives to drive productivity and efficiency where appropriate, and contribute to the Tech Share meetings and associated wikis.
- Participate in internal and client facing meetings and workshops when required.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and new technologies.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK HERE?
- You will get to work on a wide variety of projects across different industries with a niche size talented team.
- This is a 100% remote role. However, if you are New Zealand or Australia, we have access to shared offices in Auckland, Wellington, Queenstown, Sydney and Brisbane. A combination of remote + office is what most of the team does.
- It is essential that you are able to crossover NZST timezone by a minimum of 4-5 hours. Please assess if this will work for you before applying.