ruby on rails
Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
Our methodology is already in many peoples hands with our best-sellers - Business Model Generation, Value Proposition Design, Testing Business Ideas, The Invincible Company & High-Impact Tools for Teams. We’re looking for a Full-stack Engineer (React & Rails) to help us take that methodology and build the technology platform to deliver digital tools and services which transform the way organizations innovate and grow. Real-time collaboration and design, dynamic data management, visualization, and integrated services combine to create a modular business operating system.
Team members at Strategyzer enjoy:
- World-Class Team: Be part of a highly visible, globally recognized organization, and contribute to a paradigm shift in strategy and innovation in the world’s leading enterprises.
- Strong Company Culture: We strive to create an environment with strong psychological safety, and frequent feedback structures, to allow our people to do their best work.
- Flexible Working: Work from anywhere globally, or from our physical office hubs in Toronto, Canada, or Zurich, Switzerland. We offer flex hours for our team to work when they are most productive.
- Growth Allowance: Professional and personal development are vital at Strategyzer. All team members get an annual growth allowance for conferences, courses, certifications, coaching, and more. We also include an annual book allowance.
- Take a journey in the customer's shoes. Empathize with the customer, talk with the customer to understand who they are and their problems & needs.
- Build products customers love. Be accountable for delivering outcomes, not features.
- Solve problems with simple and clean designs.
- Care about quality, write code that is tested, easy to understand, and to change.
- Contribute and take the lead in our processes and initiatives.
Requirements For The Role
- Strive to show deep care and empathy for your team members.
- Have strong integrity and morals that drive your accountability.
- Are open-minded to the views of others, and constantly work to improve yourself for the betterment of the whole team.
These are the technical qualifications we require:
- Seasoned Full-stack Engineer with 3+ years of commercial experience.
- Advanced experience with working at all levels of the stack, from frontend to backend. Ideally stronger with frontend.
- Used to solving customer problems with code, not coding handed-down solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of how to distill technical problems into simple, well-designed solutions.
- Craftsperson who cares about quality and writes tests to describe and validate their work.
- Knowledge of techniques to work with legacy code whilst keeping it working.
3. You are a great collaborator.
- Incredibly hungry and wants to make an impact with our team.
- A customer-first approach to delivering value.
- Enthusiastic about learning our methodologies and tools.
- Able to weave between autonomous and collaborative working styles.
- A strong writer and communicator for a fully remote, global environment.
- Not afraid to iterate on an idea or prototype if it means we create better value.
- Able to focus on the bigger picture while paying close attention to the final details that will get us to success.
- Open to constructive conflict and can navigate challenging feedback.
How We Hire At Strategyzer
Step 1 - Intro to Candidate
Upload your CV in PDF format.
Create a 4-minute LOOM video intro of yourself answering the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
- How do you understand the essence of this role and how would you approach it?
Step 2 - Interviews
- Skills + technical fit interviews.
- Reference Interviews.
Step 5 - Offer